Sunday, April 1, 2007

Meatballs!

While on the plane to England for my semester abroad, I vowed to no longer eat meat. That was six years ago, and I haven't eaten a cow or pig since. I'm still a gigantic chicken and fish fan, though. However, my sweat Meatball is a protein lovin' red-blooded American male, so he definitely misses the meat stuff. In connection with this blog (and because organic ground beef was on sale) I took the big step and made that for which he is named: meatballs. Most have been frozen, three have been saved for the "testing" which I am sure will occur sometime after my glass of pinot has rendered me comatose on the couch.

The basic receipe is as follows:

2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tsp of worstesheeeeer sauce
1 1/2 tsps of salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 pounds lean ground beef.

Beat eggs and add everything except the meat. Mix together then add meat. Shape into 1 inch balls and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.



In theory, you can freeze them for three months. Except that this batch didn't last that long. At all.

No comments: