Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lemon Chicken

I feel like each of my posts are turning into nostalgic trips through my sort of boring history. This one is no exception.

The very first "receipe" I made for MB and I upon our sinful cohabitation in Oct. '05 was Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Caper Sauce. I thought it looked gross, but MB had this cute "she's trying to take care of me" look on his face and told me it was lovely. I still think it looks kinda icky but tastes pretty great. I wind up putting lemon slices in while cooking, it gives it a little extra zip.

You'll need:
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp drained capers, 1/2tsp olive oil

You dredge the chicken in 2 of the tbsps of flour, pepper and chili powder. Combine the other ingredients (except the olive oil).
Cook the chicken, turning once, in pan (my personnel favorite the subject of an upcoming post).
Take out the chicken, and cook the sauce until it thickens.
I add lemon slices while the chicken is cooking. It makes the pulp fall out and become part of the sauce.



No comments: