Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Valentine's Day

So when Meatball and I started dating, his birthday came up fairly early. Some of our first (and best) dates revolved around sushi so I found a sushi making class at the Jewish Community Center all the way uptown. Now, we have a nice ritual of sushi making on Valentine's Day. Here is this year's attempt:














Look how skilled MB is with his knife skills! We made three or four rolls, and we couldn't finish it all. They might have been a bit on the larger size, but there's nothing wrong with that. My sushi rice skills still need a little bit of work; it was a little vinager-y. You couldn't taste it though, it was only when I stuck my nose in the bowl did I notice it.

And here, some finished products:

2 comments:

MJB said...

Can't wait for meatballs! MMM, meatballs.

Anonymous said...

My bf and I found out the hard way that Sushi (as amaizing as it is) is by FAR the hardest thing to make. We too have some wonderful memories around the yummy rolls and one very scary memory of being covered in vinegary, watery rice